Meeting Schedule: The Marine Advisory Committee (MAC) meets the second Thursday of every month in Room 119, 18500 Murdock Circle, Administration Center, Port Charlotte at 9:30 a.m. Pre-Agenda meetings are held the first Thursday of every month in Room B-106, 18500 Murdock Circle, Administration Center, Port Charlotte at 9:30 a.m.
Background: MAC is a 21 member advisory board established by the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
Roles and Responsibilities: An excerpt from Charlotte County Resolution 2001-026, Section 8, defines the functions, powers and duties of this committee as follows:
- To evaluate, consider and review marine-related matters in the County.
- To consider and analyze the development and maintenance of marine-related facilities and waterways.
- To solicit input from the public that may assist with the duties listed above.
- To provide recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to those duties specified above or other duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- To review and provide input on the Capital Improvement Budget for marine-related facilities.