Wireless Internet Access
Charlotte County Libraries and History has installed a Public Wireless Network that can be accessed from within any library branch, and in some cases on a bench or in a car in front of the libraries. It is an unsecured network. Users assume all risks when connecting to the public network.
Library Computer Access
The library offers Internet access as part of its mission to provide materials and services that support the educational and informational needs of its users.
Rules for Use
- Cardholders may log into a public workstation using your library card number. Computers are available for one 90-minute session per day on a first-come, first-served basis. See our Locations page for current branch hours.
- If there are no available computers, you may make a reservation for the next available workstation. Public workstations are held for 5 minutes after the beginning of reserved time. The workstation will then be available for another person to register.
- The library cannot guarantee the privacy of any information transmitted.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for monitoring their children’s use of library computers.
- The library does not provide e-mail accounts.
- Internet computers automatically shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- There are information sources on the Internet that have content which is inconsistent with the educational and informational mission of Charlotte County Libraries and History. Chapter 847, Florida Statutes, makes it unlawful to display obscene materials or images. Because it is a public place for people of all ages, the library reserves the right to terminate an Internet session at any time.
All public access computers at all library sites are filtered for pornography (essentially, nudity of a sexual nature). Filtering commenced in July 2003. The filtering is at the server level and is administered by the County IT Department. Please note that filtering is done on a text basis of a website, therefore not allowing access to text or images of a mature nature as noted above.
An adult user may request unfiltered access on a specific library computer. The user shall direct the request to a library staff member and need not give a specific reason for the request. Requests from users under the age of 18 and requests to turn off filters on computers in the children’s area or those designated “youth” computers will not be honored. Staff can and should request age identification when appropriate. Staff will make every effort to ensure that the user receives adequate time on the computer once the filter has been disabled; however, the user’s time may be limited by computer availability.
Printing from Library Workstations
Printing is available on all public workstations at a cost of $.20 per page for all black and white pages printed. Color prints are $.50 per page. Print release stations are cash only. The machine will accept coins and bills in any denomination between a nickel and a $5 bill.
- Select the color or black and white printer.
- Agree to the charge.
- Scan your library card at the print release station to pay and begin printing.
Printing from a Mobile Device
Mobile printing is available on library printers from laptops and mobile devices through PrinterOn. Depending on the way your document is stored, you can print by email, mobile app, or web portal.
Whichever method you choose, you’ll enter your email address at the print release station and pay to retrieve your prints. Printing is $0.20 per page for black and white or $0.50 per page for color.
Are you trying to print an email attachment? Just forward it to the email address for any branch's printer. You’ll enter your email address at the print release station and pay to retrieve your prints.
- Englewood Charlotte Library - Black and White
- Englewood Charlotte Library - Color
- Mid-County Library - Black and White
- Mid-County Library - Color
- Port Charlotte Public Library - Black and White
- Port Charlotte Public Library - Color
- Punta Gorda Charlotte Library - Black and White
- Punta Gorda Charlotte Library - Color
Are you trying to print from your smartphone or tablet? Download the PrinterOn app to print to any branch's printer. You can upload a file or paste a URL to print a webpage. You’ll enter your email address at the print release station and pay to retrieve your prints.
Are you printing from your laptop or computer? Use the website links below to print to any branch's printer. You can upload a file or paste a URL to print a webpage. You’ll enter your email address at the print release station and pay to retrieve your prints.