Charlotte County is accepting application for various independent contractors including recreation equipment rental and recreation related services.
Applications for food cart vendors are no longer accepted for park locations. Food vendors should contact the Building Construction Services Department at 941.743.1964 to determine what options are available to them.
- Download the Independent Contractor Vendor Application.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come first served basis and will be date stamped as they come in.
- Applicants will be required to provide:
- Applicable licenses from the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Contact them at 850.487.1395
- Local Business Tax Receipt from the Charlotte County Tax Collector’s office. Contact them at 941.743.1350
- Selected contractors will be required to provide proof of business liability insurance. Liability limits vary with the type of concession.
- A criminal background check will be required for all selected contractors.
- Completed applications and copies of appropriate licenses may be mailed, emailed or faxed to the Community Services Administrative Office.
- Mail: Charlotte County Community Services, 1200 Centennial Blvd., Port Charlotte, FL 33953
- Email: CommunityServices@CharlotteCountyFL.gov
- Fax: 941.235.5020
- An interview is required and can be scheduled to coincide with submitting the application.
- Base compensation is set at $25 day, $75 week, or $190 per month per location. Contracts may be individually customized as mutually beneficial for contractors and Charlotte County.
- Contract terms will be set using the existing Community Services independent contractor forms.
Questions regarding seasonal independent contractor concessions can be referred to Mike Koenig at 941.625.7529.