How do I get assistance with my utility bill and rent?
211 can direct you to the right resources for assistance with your utility bills and rent.
How do I find services for an elderly friend or family member?
By simply dialing 211, those in need of assistance are referred, and sometimes connected, to appropriate agencies and community organizations for the elderly.
What is 2-1-1?
2-1-1 is an easy to remember number assigned by the Federal Communications Commission to provide quick and easy access to information about health, human services and public safety for every day needs and in times of crisis. Trained specialists listen to callers describe their needs and provide them with the appropriate resources for assistance. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week - every day!
How can residents of Charlotte County reach 2-1-1?
Residents can dial 2-1-1 from a landline line or cell phone. Depending on the cell phone provider, callers may have to dial 941-205-2161. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What types of services are offered through 2-1-1?
2-1-1 provides access to the following services:
- Affordable housing
- Childcare services
- Disaster info line
- Employment support
- Food pantries
- Government numbers
- Medical/mental health/substance abuse
- Nonprofit groups
- Other help lines
- Prescription assistance
- Rental assistance
- Senior services
- State agencies
- Support group
- Transportation services
- Utility bill assistance
- Veterans services
- Volunteer opportunities and donations
- Youth services
Can you redirect me to the 2-1-1 in my area?
2-1-1 is nationwide. Each 2-1-1 can be accessed on the internet at www.211.org by entering your zip code. In Charlotte County you can dial 2-1-1 from your phone or 941.205.2161. You can also visit the Charotte 2-1-1 website.
What are the benefits of 2-1-1?
- Dial an easy three digit number 2-1-1
- Accessible 24/7, 365 days a year
- Free, confidential, anonymous
- Available in any language
- Every call answered by a trained, degreed helpline counselor
- Provides a central location for community resources
- Eliminates confusion and frustration about where to go for help
- Helps to reduce expensive non-emergency calls to 911
- Responds immediately during times of crisis to field calls and direct callers to the appropriate services
- Provides information about emergency shelters and evacuation during storms/disasters