Family Services Center (FSC) Agencies
The following nonprofit agencies are housed in the Family Services Center main building. Direct phone numbers and links to the organization's website are listed below.
- AARP Foundation Improve the lives of older workers through training, community service, and employment. Contact: 941.764.6266
- Boys & Girls Club of Charlotte County, Inc. After school and summer program that provides positive youth development programs and services including education, character development, arts and recreation. Contact: 941.235.2472
- C.A.R.E. is injunction for protection attorney counsels and advises survivors of domestic and sexual abuse, as well as survivors of other crimes. The attorney meets with the survivors and assists them in filing injunctions for protection, offering legal advice and counseling them with legal questions and concerns. The attorney also represents them in injunction hearings. The survivors are offered referrals for community partners and services to assist them. Contact: 941.979.7264
- Comprehensive Housing Resources Providing assistance to residents to secure and retain stable housing and offer financial education classes and counseling to foster economic self-sufficiency. Contact: 941.613.3244
- Drug Free Charlotte County provides education to youth on life skills, substance use issues and building healthy coping skills. We also provide parenting skills and other programs to help build strong, healthy families. Contact: 941.777.3945
- Florida Center for Early Childhood - Healthy Families The program equips parents with the knowledge and skills they need to create stable home environments so their children can grow up healthy, safe, nurtured and ready to succeed in school and in life. Contact: 941.629.6477
- Hearing Impaired Persons (HIP) Provides services to individuals who cope with hearing or speech loss by offering information, referral, educational seminars, interpreter services and advocacy. Contact: 941.743.8347
- Loveland Center Loveland Center assists individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities live their lives to the fullest. Loveland Center provides Life Skills Development through their Adult Day Training Program (ADT). The ADT is open M-F and has classes on site and in the community. Our other programs provide services in your home and in the community. These programs include our supported employment program which helps individuals reach or realize their career goals; our companion program, where staff accompany individuals in different community settings; and our personal support services program, where staff assists individuals in their homes to live as independently as possible. Contact: 941.493.0016
Charlotte 2-1-1 - An important county resource for anyone looking for information about or referrals to services is the 2-1-1 Information Website & Referral line. At any given time, 2-1-1 has access to the most comprehensive list of services as well as the most current contact information. Check out their comprehensive website that includes an English and Spanish version of front line providers in the county or simply dial "211" from your telephone to speak to a referral specialist. For cell phone calls or from Englewood, dial 941.205.2161.
Family Services Center
21450 Gibralter Drive
Port Charlotte, FL 33952