Storm-related debris is collected separately from household garbage. Place separated storm-related debris curbside, not in the roadway, to prevent safety issues. Please be patient. It will likely take a few months to complete all debris removal.
Household Garbage Collection
- Waste Management is collecting household garbage and recycling on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
- Recycling must be in the recycling cart to be collected.
- Hurricane debris is being picked up by a separate contractor.
- Residents missing carts should contact Waste Management at 941.697.0012.
Private Property and Commercial Debris Removal
- visit www.IanDebrisCleanup.com
- call Hurricane Ian Debris hotline at 850-961-2002
- email IanDebrisCleanup@em.myflorida.com
Waterway Debris Collection
Public Works has a contractor that is currently working to collect storm debris from the navigable waterways that the County normally maintains. We do not have a schedule of when they will be in your area, but the maps will show where they are working now and where they will be moving to next.
Curbside Storm Debris
Separate Storm-related Debris
Storm-related debris must be separated into piles at the curb.
- Do NOT place in bags.
- Debris does not have to be bundled or cut into smaller pieces.
- Do NOT place in bags.
- Household chemicals cannot be placed at the curb.
- Remove all contents from refrigerators before placing at curbside.
Storm Debris Drop-Off
- No Business or Commercial use (must use the landfill).
- No perishable waste, such as household garbage.
- Debris in bags is not accepted; debris may be brought in bags, but must be dumped on site.
Storm Debris Drop-Off Locations
Charlotte County residents can drop off storm debris from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Sunday (trailers cannot exceed 12 feet in length).
- Placida West Boat Ramp (debris drop-off only, not for launching boats), 12560 Placida Road, Placida
- Florida Street (south county area), 7000 Florida St. Punta Gorda
- West Charlotte Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility (Unlimited visits until further notice),
7070 Environmental Way, Englewood
- Mid-County Mini-Transfer & Recycling Facility (Unlimited visits until further notice),
19765 Kenilworth Blvd., Port Charlotte
- The landfill is open for business and residential waste.
- Monday-Sunday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- County Residents: $39.28 per ton (minimum charge is $5)
- Out-of-County: $78.54 per ton (minimum charge is $17)
- Tires: $125.46 per ton in-county and $141.82 per ton out-of-county
- Asbestos: $109.10 per ton (in-county asbestos only)
- Special Handling: $50 per event
- Account Application: Call 941.764.4360