Text Size:

Community Development
​​​Mission: To administer and enforce the county's land development & building construction regulations, the Florida Building Code, and the preparation and implementation of the county's Comprehensive Plan.
  • Building Construction Division
    Building Construction DivisionBuilding Permits | Building Inspections | Plan Review | Online Services | Building Code Enforcement | Contractor Licensing
  • Planning & Zoning Division
    Planning & Zoning DivisionSite Plan Reviews | Board of Zoning Appeals | Comprehensive Planning | Impact Fees | Code Enforcement | Report Violations
  • Special Projects Division
    Special Projects DivisionMapping Requests | Custom Maps | Map & Data Disk Orders | Address Verification Requests | Online Street Name Searches

Charlotte County Community Development Department
E. Jay Carlson Community Development Building 
18400 Murdock Circle
Port Charlotte, FL 33948-1074
Phone: 941.743.1201
Fax: 941.764.4907
Automated Inspection Request System (AIRS) Phone: 941.833.4086 (available 24/7; must call in by 11:59 pm for next day service)
Online Inspection Scheduling: Contractors only (available 24/7; must be submitted by 11:59 pm to be eligible for next day service)
Office Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Permit Counter Hours: 7:30 am to 4:45 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
Permit Counter Phone Hours: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.

Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Facebook URL
Your Facebook URL (optional)
Twitter URL
Your Twitter URL (optional)
YouTube URL
Your YouTube URL (optional)
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.