For Immediate Release
Construction Site Storm Readiness
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (September 6, 2017) – Construction materials and debris can cause significant damage if unsecured during a wind storm. In preparation for anticipated poor weather conditions resulting from Hurricane Irma, the Building Official requires that all construction sites be made safe. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Removal of all unsecured roofing materials from roofs;
- Ensure all construction debris is secured or placed in a dumpster on site;
- Where possible, ensure your onsite dumpster is covered;
- Secure all materials that could be blown around in high winds;
- Remove permit yard card board and all job site signage; and,
- If applicable, locate and turn off electricity, water and gas.
For more information, contact the Charlotte County Community Development Department at 941.743.1201 or BuildingConstruction@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.
Your cooperation is appreciated.