County Announces Visioning Workshops
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (Sept. 9, 2019) – The Charlotte County Community Development Department is updating the county's comprehensive plan, and will be holding visioning workshops to gather input and comments from county residents. The comprehensive plan is a guide for the future development of the county along physical, environmental, social, economic, and fiscal lines, in a way that is consistent with the county's vision for the future.
The visioning workshops are the first step towards developing that vision for the future. Five workshops will be held in October at locations around the county. At these workshops, residents will be asked four questions. The answers to these questions will be used to develop the comprehensive plan's vision statement, which will affect the plan's goals, objectives, and policies.
The four questions are:
- Why do you choose to live in this community?
- What characteristics are most important to you?
- What makes our community unique?
- What is your most pressing concern?
The workshops will be held every Wednesday in October:
- Oct. 2, at the Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center, 75 Taylor Street, Punta Gorda
- Oct. 9, at the Tringali Park Recreation Center, 3460 North Access Road, Englewood
- Oct. 16, at the East Port Environmental Campus, 25550 Harborview Road
- Oct. 23, at the Charlotte County Cultural Center, 2280 Aaron Street, Port Charlotte
- Oct. 30, at the Charlotte County Administration Center, 18500 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte
Every meeting will be from 6-8 p.m. All ages are welcome, and no RSVP is required.
For information, contact Matt Trepal at 941.764.4934 or Matthew.Trepal@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.