Florida 511 Traveler Information System
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (Sept. 7, 2017) - A resource for residents traveling prior to Hurricane Irma is the Florida 511 Traveler Information System from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Available by phone, mobile app, or its website (www.FL511.com), the service provides real-time traffic and travel information.
Access the Florida 511 Traveler Information System either by calling 5-1-1; downloading the Florida 511 mobile app which is available on both Android and Apple devices; or visiting the interactive website at www.FL511.com.
Florida 511 Traveler Information System features:
- The 511 Mobile App features turn-by-turn directions with real time traffic updates, alternate routes and travel times.
- Notification of crashes, congestion, lane closures and construction on all of Florida’s interstates, toll roads and major metropolitan roadways. Data supplied by FDOT, Road Rangers, Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) and Waze.
- Traffic speed changes
- Travel time increases
- Severe weather alerts and forecasts, supplied by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (Not available on Twitter)
- Provides weather-related road and bridge closure updates.
- Official source of traffic and travel information throughout severe weather and wildfires
AMBER, Silver and Blue Alerts
Media and public can follow Charlotte County Emergency Management important emergency information at www.charlottecountyfl.gov, www.facebook.com/oemcharlottecounty, and www.twitter.com/ccoem.