May 13, 2020
The Florida Department of Health Announces New Covid-19 Test Site
Port Charlotte, Fla. — Starting on Thursday, May 14, 2020, the Florida Department of Health Charlotte County will be providing a drive-thru COVID-19 testing site. Testing is by appointment only.
Some important things to note:
- Testing will be held at Charlotte Sports Park, 2300 El Jobean Rd, Port Charlotte, FL.
- No doctor's note will be required for the testing.
- There is no cost for the test.
- Appointments must be made by registering at https://coadfl.org/covid-19-testing-assessment/.
- One person per registration.
- Testing appointments will be made 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. by appointment only. Dates & times subject to change.
- Guidance for obtaining test results will be given at the time of the appointment.
- This is for COVID-19 testing for those who believe they currently have the virus. Anti-body testing is not being done at this location.
If you have questions about this testing site, please contact CharlotteCOVID@flhealth.gov.
Department of Health
The department, nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board, works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @HealthyFla. For more information about the Florida Department of Health please visit www.FloridaHealth.gov.