Text Size:
Utilities Department Suspends Water Shutoffs and Closes Customer Support Center
Article Content


Utilities Department Suspends Water Shutoffs and Closes Customer Support Center

CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (March 16, 2020) – The Charlotte County Utilities Department has suspended water shutoffs for utility customers due to the coronavirus outbreak. Washing your hands is an essential defense to this virus, and water is a vital aspect to handwashing. The plan is to help make sure every Charlotte County Utilities' water customer has access to clean running water. The Utilities Department is working with the Florida Department of Health to monitor the situation and will continue to provide updates.

In fairness to all customers, although water will continue to be provided even for customers delinquent on their bill, individual water meters will continue to record water usage, and utility bills will continue to be generated and delivered to customers. To reduce in-person transactions, the Utility Customer Support Center, located at the East Port Environmental Campus, 25550 Harborview Road, Port Charlotte, will be closed starting Tuesday, March 17. Customers can still drop-off their payments in the various payment boxes, pay their utility bill using the convenient electronic billing, which can be found at www.CharlotteCountyFL.gov (select Utilities in the Popular Links) or by phone at 941-764-4300.

For information, contact Charlotte County Utilities Customer Service at 941-764-4300 or CCUSupport@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.


Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.