CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (Jan. 26, 2021) – The Florida Department of Health in Charlotte County launched a call center Tuesday for COVID-19 vaccine appointments. Appointments may now be made by calling 866-200-9160 (or 833-990-3549 for TTY users).
Appointments are based on vaccine availability. New appointment openings will be announced in advance. To receive a text message about vaccine appointment openings, text CharCoCares to 888-777.
Appointments for second doses will be provided when first doses are received.
COVID-19 vaccinations are being offered to high-risk frontline healthcare workers and to those 65 and older.
The drive-through clinic is located at the Harold Ave Regional Park, located at 23400 Harold Ave., Port Charlotte, FL. Appointments are required.
There is no fee for the vaccine. Identification is required. If you are a healthcare worker, please bring identification and a copy of your ID badge or a current paystub.
The Department of Health is following the state Surgeon General’s Public Health Advisory, which requires every vaccine provider in Florida to ensure every recipient is either a resident of Florida or is a frontline healthcare worker providing services in Florida.
Florida residency requirements:
- Valid Florida driver license or Florida identification card
- Two of the following items:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- A utility hookup or work order that is not more than two months old.
- A utility bill that is not more than two months old.
- Mail from a bank or other financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, that is not more than two months old.
- Mail from a government agency that is not more than two months old.