This project includes design, permitting, utility coordination, and construction to widen the remaining middle section of Burnt Store Road (4.4 miles) to a four-lane roadway from a point near Notre Dame Boulevard to a point north of Zemel Road. The design includes an open swale concept with a large median that will accommodate two future lanes. Stormwater ponds, concrete pipes, and structures will be installed to collect wastewater. Water, sewer, and reclaimed water mains are included in the project. Six foot wide sidewalks will be constructed along the east side and the southwest side of the roadway. LED street lights are also included. FDOT has contributed $4 million to the construction project through a grant. The remaining funding has been provided through the gas tax.
Burnt Store Road from a point near Notre Dame Boulevard to a point north of Zemel Road.
- The contractor is progressing ahead of schedule with minimal weather or other delays.
- Change orders have been added to the project to accommodate a future fire station and area developments.
- Much of the stormwater structures and ponds have been installed and completed on the project's eastern and western portions.
- Construction of the five box culverts has been completed.
- Water, sewer, and reclaimed mains have been installed in the project's southeastern portion.
- Testing and certifications of the utility pipes have passed.
- New FPL poles and wires have been installed on the eastern portion and old poles have been removed.
- Swales, sidewalks, and LED light poles have been constructed and installed on the project's eastern portion.
- The northbound lanes have been constructed, and the structural course of asphalt has been completed for these lanes.
- Roadway tie-in locations have been paved and traffic has been shifted to the new lanes.
- Structural asphalt construction has been completed for the southbound lanes.
- Sidewalk installation activities are continuing on the south western portion of the roadway.
- Light poles and bases are being installed on the western side of the project.
- Shoulder and swale grading is occuring on the western portion of the project.
- Sod installation is occuring on the western portion of the project.
- Current work requires brief lane closures, in which flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
- Work will continue on the southbound lanes and the western portion of the project.
- Installation of light poles and bases will continue on the western side of the project.
- Sidewalk construction will continue on the southwestern portion of the project.
- Swale grading and sod installation.
- Final top layer of asphalt for both southbound and northbound lanes will be constructed.
|Phase||Estimated Start Date||Forecast Completion||Actual Completion|
|Planning and Approval||07/13/2015||03/29/2019||03/29/2019|
Email Public Relations
Wright Construction Group