This project incorporates the design and construction of new turn lanes and traffic signal modifications at various intersections in Port Charlotte, Florida. New left and right turn lanes will be added to various intersections along with possible signal modifications, sidewalks, and pedestrian crosswalk improvements.
- Cochran Boulevard @ Quesada Avenue – Northbound right turn on Quesada Avenue
- Murdock Circle @ US Highway 41 – Eastbound right turn lane on Murdock Circle Peachland Boulevard @ Harbor Boulevard - Left turn lanes on all approaches
- Veterans Boulevard @ Cochran Boulevard – East and Westbound right turn lanes on Veterans Boulevard, Northbound Right turn lane
- Veterans Boulevard @ Atwater Street – East and Westbound right turn lanes
- Veterans Boulevard @ Yorkshire Street – East and Westbound right turn lanes
- Veterans Boulevard @ Harbor Boulevard – East and Westbound right turn lanes
- Veterans Boulevard @ Orlando Boulevard – Eastbound right turn lane
- Veterans Boulevard @ Torrington Street – Eastbound right turn lane
- Veterans Boulevard @ Loveland Boulevard – Eastbound right turn lane
Project ImpactsCurrently on hold until FDOT completes the corridor traffic study in the area.
Current: Charlotte County staff have reviewed the 60% design plans for the Cochran Boulevard @ Veterans Boulevard intersection. Comments have been returned to FTE for review. FTE is currently preparing the 60% plans for Yorkshire Street @ Veterans Boulevard intersection for Charlotte Counties review.
FTE has been cleared to start the survey on the remaining intersections which are Veterans Boulevard @ Atwater Street, Veterans Boulevard @ Harbor Boulevard, Veterans Boulevard @ Orlando Boulevard, Veterans Boulevard @ Torrington Street, and Veterans Boulevard @ Loveland Boulevard.
The Murdock Circle turn lane project is completed, and the Quesada Boulevard Turn Lane project is covered under the 2021 County Paving Program. Please see separate project updates for construction.
|Phase||Estimated Start Date||Forecast Completion||Actual Completion|
|Planning and Approval||02/11/2019||08/14/2019||08/14/2019|
Email Public Relations
Florida Transportation Engineering