Charlotte County, FL Logo

18500 Murdock Circle
Port Charlotte, FL 33948

Mobile Menu close icon

COVID-19 Update: Get the latest information regarding COVID-19.

close search

Government Agencies & Officials FAQ

Elected Officials

What is the principal legislative and governing body of the county?
The Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners, which has five elected commissioners. Meet our County Commissioners and view a map of the commission districts.

How do I get in touch with my Commissioner?
​​You can reach the Commission office at 941.743.1300.

Did you know that the Clerk of the Circuit Court is an elected public trustee who provides a system of "checks and balances"?
The clerk keeps court records and commission meeting minutes among many other services.

What agencies are in the area?
The Punta Gorda Police serve within the Punta Gorda city limits, and the Charlotte County Sheriff serves countywide.

How can I learn how property is appraised?
The Property Appraisers FAQ page answers many questions, including: how property is appraised, why does the appraised value change, what is Homestead Exemption.

Did you know the City of Punta Gorda is the only incorporated area of Charlotte County?
The City of Punta Gorda website has information on their services.

How can I register to vote or become a candidate?
The purpose of the Supervisor of Elections office is to register voters, maintain the voters’ records, absentee balloting, early voting, candidate qualifying and petition signature verification. You can register online on their website.

What options are available to pay my taxes and renew licenses?
The Tax Collector is responsible for the collection of ad valorem taxes and other taxes. The Tax Collector also acts as an agent for several state departments including the Department of Revenue, Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Use the Tax Collector's website to pay taxes online.

General Information

Charlotte County uses its Home Rule Charter to govern itself.
You can view the full text of our County Charter online.

Can I set up a meeting with the County Administrator?
To set up a meeting with the County Administrator, please contact Judith Fauly or Natalie Sainchuk at 941.743.1944

Where can I search official records?
The Clerk of Courts is responsible for keeping official records in Charlotte County. Some of these records are searchable online.

Delivering Exceptional Service

Questions? Issues?

Contact Us