Animal Control has live traps that can be issued for trapping nuisance wildlife and stray/feral cats. If you would like to borrow a trap, please contact our office or fill out the request form below.
- Set trap in the evening.
- Contact Charlotte County Animal Control between 8:00am & 9:00am if any animal is caught.
- If an animal is not caught by 9:00am, you must close the trap until evening.
- Animal Control reserves the right to retrieve trap at any time for any reason.
- Pursuant to Charlotte County Resolution No. 2013-074, there is a $20.00 fee per animal for removal of any nuisance wildlife. Fees will not apply to public safety trapping, sick/injured animals, domestic animals or any animal involved in a bite case.
- Animal Control reserves the right to deny service for non-payment of services.
- Stay clear of the animal once it is inside the trap. Do not attempt to move it.
- Do not place the trap in an area where it could be exposed to direct sunlight at any time.
- Do not place the trap in an area where it could be exposed to adverse weather conditions.
- Do not set the trap on Fridays, Saturdays or holidays.
- You shall report any trap loss/damage to Animal Control immediately.
- Animals may not be removed/relocated from county-assigned traps except by an Animal Control officer.