As of May 1, 2008, Charlotte County required an As-Built or final survey including elevation data prior to issuing a Certificate of Occupancy. This requirement was the result of efforts by Charlotte County and a stakeholders group of Builders, Developers, Engineers, and Surveyors to minimize drainage problems. On the inspection card this will be called "As Built Site Drainage" and will be inspection number 133.
The As-Built Survey shall be prepared in accordance with the Minimum Technical Standards for Surveys, set forth by the Florida Board of Professional Surveyors and Mappers in Chapter 61G17-6, Florida Administrative Code, pursuant to Section 472.027 of the Florida Statutes and shall include, but not be limited to:
- Building Permit Number
- The structure footprint with finished floor elevation and dimensions to all property lines.
- Driveway and sidewalk (including all accessory concrete pads)
- Property lines and easement lines
- Drainage flow with direction indicators: A) Elevations taken a minimum of 3 places along property lines; B) Elevations on adjacent properties at least 7.5 feet into property from property lines spaced as in (A) above; C) Elevations at a minimum of four corners of structure to verify positive drainage away from the structure; D) Adjacent structure floor elevation as applicable
- Identify adjacent streets and benchmarks
- Provide lot, block and address
- Provide name, address, and phone number of surveying company
- Raised seal and signature of surveyor
- Indicate any approved drainage facilities abutting property (i.e., canal, catch basin, or retention/detention area)
Once complete, the as-built survey should be turned in at the Building Construction Services Department. Once reviewed, BCS personnel will result the "As Built Site Drainage" inspection 133 on the corresponding permit. Any questions, please contact the Building Construction Services department at 941.743.1201 to speak to a Plans Examiner.