Text Size:
DCA (Manufactured) Sheds - Permitting Requirements
Effective Date: 8/27/2008
Notice Content
The following are additional documents that are required in order to secure a building permit for a Dept. of Community Affairs (DCA) manufactured shed over 100 sq. ft. in size:
  1. A site plan identifying the location of the shed, adjacent buildings, easements, etc., with appropriate dimensioning.
  2. DCA letter approving and authorizing the manufacturer of the shed to install the shed.
  3. A DCA Plan Tracking Number from the shed manufacturer or from the web site must be submitted.
  4. Signed and Sealed foundation/anchoring detail, which may be an approved County Master Plan.
In addition to the necessary forms for permitting, the approved permit package will include County stamped documents for the building and anchoring of the shed, and approved site plans with the DCA Plan Tracking Number from the information provided with the permit application. These items must be provided on the job site.

For the on site inspection, the building interior will have to be made available to the inspector for examination of the Insignia contained therein, and anything else that may require inspection.

For additional information on forms, fees and inspections, please click on the following link: Sheds

If electric is installed, an electrical permit will be required.

Permitting fees for all DCA approved sheds 100 sq. feet or more are a $90 pre-application fee along with a $15 fee for a zoning review.
Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Source Type:
Source URL:
Section to Open Index:
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Facebook URL
Your Facebook URL (optional)
Twitter URL
Your Twitter URL (optional)
YouTube URL
Your YouTube URL (optional)
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.