Text Size:
Removal of Prohibited Plant & Tree Species During Construction
Effective Date: 8/3/2018
Notice Content

Removal of Prohibited Plant & Tree Species During Construction

This is an advisory notice regarding invasive plant & tree species and their removal during construction.

The “Buffers, Landscaping & Tree Requirements Code,” which is part of the Charlotte County Code of Laws & Ordinances, contains a provision in Section 3-9-100 (f) (16) that requires the removal of invasive plant & tree species during construction. Typical invasive species found in our area are Australian pine, Brazilian pepper, and carrotwood trees. The complete list of prohibited invasive species that must be removed are identified in the most recent edition of the Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council’s List of Invasive Plant Species as Category I which can be found online at www.fleppc.org. Look under Quick Links in the left column and click on “FLEPPC List of Invasive Plant Species” to view the latest list.

Please also note that at the time of the Tree Inspection (residential permit types) and the Landscape Inspection (commercial permit types), prohibited species must have been removed or the inspection will be failed and must be rescheduled. In addition, a $50 reinspection fee will be assessed.

If more information is needed, please contact the Planning & Zoning Division at 941.743.1964 or email PlanningZoning@CharlotteCountyFL.gov. Thank you.

Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Source Type:
Source URL:
Section to Open Index:
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Facebook URL
Your Facebook URL (optional)
Twitter URL
Your Twitter URL (optional)
YouTube URL
Your YouTube URL (optional)
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.