Text Size:
Sign Code Changes Adopted January 23, 2018
Effective Date: 1/23/2018
Category: SIGN CODE
Notice Content

Subject: Sign Code Changes Adopted January 23, 2018

Date of Notice: January 31, 2018

Changes to the Charlotte County Sign Code (Chapter 9-3-85 of the Code of Laws and Ordinances) were adopted by the Board of County Commissioners on Jan. 23, 2018 that became effective upon adoption. The major change made to the code is the reduction in the size, frequency and timeframe of allowable temporary signage, i.e. banners, flags, pennants, etc.

Beginning Apr. 1, 2018, temporary additional signage will be subject to the following:

Limited in area to no more than 32 square feet.
Allowed for only two 45-day periods, with each period requiring a separate permit, for a total of 90 days in a “permit year.”
Permits issued prior to the Apr. 1, 2018 effective date will be allowed to continue with the allowable amount and timeframe they were issued under until the permit expires, at which time the new requirements will apply. There will be no grandfathering of any existing temporary additional signs.

A copy of the official adopted amendment to the Sign Code can be found online at the Planning & Zoning Division web page or www.CharlotteCountyFL.gov. For more information, please contact the Zoning Office at 941.743.1964 or PlanningZoning@CharlotteCountyFL.gov.

Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Source Type:
Source URL:
Section to Open Index:
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Facebook URL
Your Facebook URL (optional)
Twitter URL
Your Twitter URL (optional)
YouTube URL
Your YouTube URL (optional)
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.