Text Size:
Stormwater Management
Engineering > Stormwater Management
Charlotte County and the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) jointly fund the Charlotte County Master Stormwater Management Plan which was completed in 1998. The Master Plan targeted 10 major stormwater basins for drainage analysis and planning. Three of the 10 drainage basins analyzed are located in the greater Port Charlotte area that lies between the Peace River and the Myakka River.
The Master Plan identified 40 major water control structures which need to be replaced due to deterioration or to meet current design and Comprehensive Plan Level of Service (LOS) conveyance standards. A 100-year, 24-hour storm event, used for design of the major stormwater conveyance network, is the Charlotte County's Comprehensive Plan LOS standard. The highest priority projects are contained within Charlotte County's adopted, multi-year Capital Improvements Program.

The replacement projects have the added benefit of reducing flooding at locations where the new structures to increase stormwater flow capacity have been installed.

The replacement of substandard water control structures is underway and is expected to be completed in 2021.

To contact Stormwater Management please call the Engineering Division at 941.575.3632.

Splash Category
Please pick a category for the splash banners for this page.
Accordion Menu
Source Type:
Source URL:
Section to Open Index:
Please pick a source for the accordion menu on this page:
{MAIN}:use the same menu as the public site home page.
{Local Site}: use a list from the local site.
{URL}: use a list from the URL specified in the URL textbox.
Facebook URL
Your Facebook URL (optional)
Twitter URL
Your Twitter URL (optional)
YouTube URL
Your YouTube URL (optional)
Image Gallery Category
Category in the image gallery to filter images for.
Image Gallery Direction
Flow gallery horizontally or vertically on the page.
Under Florida Law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.