> Fire Prevention
Our fire prevention division has the responsibility to provide a safe environment to the citizens of Charlotte County through education and enforcement of the Florida Fire Prevention Code.
To work closely with the County’s Building Department and area fire departments to ensure code compliance and provide technical support pertaining to the application, enforcement and interpretation of the Florida Fire Prevention Code/Standards, County Ordinance and Florida Laws.
Fire Prevention Division is staffed by 1 Fire Marshal and 3 Fire Inspectors.
Their duties include:
- Review of building plans for new construction (All of Charlotte County excluding City of Punta Gorda.)
- New construction inspection (All of Charlotte County excluding City of Punta Gorda.)
- Plan reviews and inspections for special event, fireworks, tents, etc.
- Inspections for existing occupancies - Schools (Public/Private), hospitals, daycares, assisted living facilities, clinics, group homes assemblies, restaurants, etc.
- Fire drills
- Fire extinguisher classes
For questions or concerns please contact:
Fire Marshal Scott Morris
Fire Inspector Aida Moreno
Fire Inspector Vincent Boccio
Fire Prevention Division
Charlotte County Fire/EMS Headquarters
26571 Airport Road
Punta Gorda, FL 33982
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.