Report Illegal Dumping
CALL 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC (1.866.938.6722)
Charlotte County takes Illegal Dumping seriously. Call 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC to report illegal dumping in Charlotte County.
What is Illegal Dumping?
Illegal dumping is disposal of waste in an unpermitted area. It is also referred to as "open dumping," "fly dumping," and "midnight dumping" because materials are often dumped in open areas, from vehicles along roadsides, and late at night. Illegally dumped wastes are primarily materials that are dumped to avoid either disposal fees or the time and effort required for proper disposal. These materials typically include:
- Construction and demolition waste such as drywall, roofing shingles, lumber, bricks, concrete, and siding
- Abandoned automobiles, auto parts, and scrap tires
- Appliances or "white goods"
- Yard waste
- Household trash
- Medical waste
Report the illegal dumpsite: online (below) or call 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC (1.866.938.6722) to report the site or to learn more about the illegal dumping program in Charlotte County.
When Calling, do the following:
- Identify the exact location of the illegal dumpsite including closest major cross street.
- Describe what is at the dumpsite.
- Try to identify the person or company that did the illegal dumping.
**Do NOT dig through the site or confront people dumping**
What can be done about illegal dumping in Charlotte County?
Report It! Call: 1.866.Y.DUMP.CC