New carport added to an existing commercial or multifamily structure.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1 original signed): 1 page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 copies or sets): Engineered drawings
- Subcontractor Worksheet (1 original or copy): Submit if contractor is hiring a subcontractor to perform any electric, mechanical, plumbing or roofing.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review Fee: $22
- Right-Of-Way Review Fee: $90
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Specialty Structure
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Aluminum
- Right-of-Way: A review the proposed work for impacts to the county right-of-way (ROW) and/or easements and determine what, if any, inspections will be required.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
- ROW Final (985)
- Zoning Final (965)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.