Collection of garbage, recyclables, and yard trimmings is collected on your scheduled day.
- Pickup Schedule Map to find your collection day
- Holiday Schedule
- Christmas Tree Recycling
Charlotte County provides curbside single-stream recycling program. All recycling materials can now be “commingled” or mixed together in your recycling cart. Learn more about recycling from Recycling 101.
- Junk Mail
- Steel Cans
- Phone Books
- Aluminum Cans
- Cartons (no liquids)
- Plastic Containers (codes 1-7, empty)
- Clear, Brown, and Green Glass
- Yard waste
- Pool covers
- Coat hangers
- Foam (cups, meat trays, egg cartons, packing materials)
- Electronics or hazardous materials
- Plastic bags (return to supermarket)
- Medical waste (sharps, medicines, etc.)
- Extension cords or Christmas lights or wires
Curbside Yard Trimmings
Place your yard trimmings loose in an extra garbage can, paper lawn and leaf bag, or in tied bundles.
- Weigh more than 40 pounds each
- Yard trimmings placed in plastic bags
- Limbs more than six (6) feet in length
- Limbs more than ten (10) inches in diameter
Bulk Item Pickup
Residential improved properties are allowed 4 cubic yards of bulk item pickup per week. The items must originate from the improved property that is assessed an annual sanitation fee and placed in front of the property.
- 4 Cubic Yards
- Unbundled yard trimmings
- bulky items
- Additional 10 properly bundled, bagged, or containerized yard waste
- Construction debris from renovation or home improvement
- Any waste in excess of 4 cubic yards
- Debris placed on property adjacent or across the street
Prohibited items will not be collected and must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
Furnishings & Appliances (White Goods)
Furniture and appliances will be picked up 4 times per year on your scheduled service day at no charge.
- call 2 days prior to your scheduled day
- Remove doors from refrigerators and dishwashers
- Place your old appliances or furniture at the edge of the right of way, the same vicinity as you place your garbage cart, recycling, etc…
Household Hazardous Waste
Motor oil/filters and non-leaking lead-acid battery collection is available on your scheduled service day.
- Oil in a transparent gallon container (milk jug type) with a screw-type lid
- Filters in a clear plastic bag
- Non-leaking vehicle lead-acid battery
It is illegal to dump any household hazardous waste into sewers, storm drains or anybody of water. See more about illegal dumping and illicit discharges.
Not all hazardous waste can be picked up curbside. Visit the Household Hazardous Waste page to learn more about how to properly dispose of hazardous waste.
Charlotte County residents can recycle 6 passenger tires per year curbside. Residents in unincorporated areas can place tires with rims at the curb on their recycling day.
Unwanted electronics, e-waste, can be picked up on your regularly scheduled service day by request only.
To schedule an E-Waste pickup with pickup request form or call Waste Management at 941.629.1106 or 941.697.0012 (Englewood area) 2 days prior to your scheduled pickup day.