- In person at any of the Charlotte County Tax Collector locations
- At your participating veterinarian's office
- By mail
- Instructions for purchasing pet licenses
- Pet license requirements
- Update personal or pet information
- Pet license FAQs
- $17.00 for altered animals (spayed/neutered)
- $35.00 for unaltered animals (NOT spayed or neutered)
- $17.00 for all animals 12-months old and under (regardless if altered or not)
For questions regarding licensing your pet, please call 833.991.0936.
Pursuant to County Ordinance 1-4-27, the owner or keeper of any dog, cat or ferret four (4) months of age or older is required to have said animals vaccinated against rabies by a licensed veterinarian. Florida recognizes a one-year vaccine or a three-year vaccine for dogs and cats. Pet owners are still required to renew their county license every year regardless of whether a one-year or three-year vaccine was given. County Ordinance 1-4-28 states the owner or keeper of any dog, cat or ferret residing in Charlotte County for 28 consecutive days or more is required to obtain a county license tag for said animals. County license tags must be renewed annually as they expire on the anniversary of when the vaccine was given.