Your household may qualify for help paying rent, mortgage or utilities. Our Fastrack program allows you to fill out ONE application for multiple funding sources and grants that may help with bills and get things back on track.
- Each grant/funding source has its own eligibility requirements–if you don’t qualify for one program, you may qualify for others.
- Services are most often determined by household income, but other factors are considered.
- Most programs require participants to be at or below a specific level of household income according to these Income Guidelines and provide certain documentation.
- Funding availability may vary.
Step 1: Gather your documents
Your Fastrack application is considered incomplete until all the documents are received. Before you start the online application, gather and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Proof of Charlotte County Address (driver license, state ID, lease, vehicle registration, voter registration card)
- Valid Picture ID (not expired) of all household members 18 or older
- Birth Certificates of all children in the household 17 or younger
- Social Security Cards of all household members or Proof of citizenship (applicant must be U.S. citizen or legal alien)
- Proof of income received within the last 30 days for all household members (Paystubs, Social Security Benefit Letter, Pension, Child Support, TANF, Unemployment)
- Current food stamp benefit letter (if applicable)
- Most recent utility bill
- If asking for rent or mortgage, a valid lease and W-9 or current mortgage statement
Step 2: Complete the Fastrack application online
If you have an eviction notice, or if your water or electric has been turned off, submit your application and then email email@example.com and let them know that you have submitted a Fastrack application and that you have an urgent need for assistance.
Set ample time aside--completing your Fastrack application online may take up to 30 minutes. Be patient. If you run into any problems while completing the application or are unable to complete a Fastrack application online, call 941.833.6500 for assistance Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Step 3: Be patient and wait to be contacted
Once your Fastrack application is completed someone from the Human Services team will review your application and reach out to you by phone or email. It’s important that your contact information is correct on the application. A team member will reach out to you within 5 business days.
You will be asked for verbal agreement to the following. Forms are provided for your review:
Other forms that may be requested:
- Household Member Income Declaration
- Statement of Child Support
- Household Management
- Utility Permission
- W-9 for Landlord
- Season of Sharing Application
No money, cash, or checks will be requested or accepted from applicants or clients for services of any kind. If an employee asks for money, report this to the agency Executive Director or Department Head.