Community Services has a variety of rental spaces available for public usage. Insurance may be required for the rental of any Charlotte County facility. Amenities and meeting rooms are available to the public on a first come, first served basis, as available.
A Central Registrar is always available to serve you, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., by calling 941.625.PLAY (7529), to make your reservations if you cannot reach staff directly at any of our facilities.
- Category 1: Any individual renting facilities for a private function or a recreational class or a not-for-profit organization renting facilities for an organizational function, to raise funds for charity, or for the maintenance of an organization.
- Category 2: Commercial, business or individual renting facilities for the purpose of publicity, advertising, sales or any other for-profit purposes.
Pursuant to Florida Statute 212.031, sales tax on all facility and pavilion rentals will be collected. Organizations requesting Tax Exempt status must provide evidence of exemption such as a Form DR-14 at the time of booking request to receive exempt status.
- Maximum lead time to book a facility will be one (1) year prior to the first booking date.
- Minimum lead time to book a facility will be 14 days prior to the first booking date.
- A 25% deposit will secure a rental booking date for all facilities except outdoor facilities (pavilion, open space, gazebos, outdoor classroom, amphitheater) with balance due 14 days prior to first booking date.
- 100% of balance due is required prior to issuing permit for any outdoor facility rental (pavilion, open space, gazebos, outdoor classroom, amphitheater).
Pavilion rentals are limited to one rental per day per location to ensure facility has been prepped and cleaned prior to reservation.
There is a $100 deposit per one-time event rental (over 30 people and/or use of alcohol). The deposit will be required and must accompany the returned contract. This deposit is refundable after facility inspection.
Reserving any facility, shelter, or open space within Charlotte County Community Services is a contractual agreement and may require insurance. The specific type and amount of insurance required is dependent upon the nature of the activity, program, or event that will be occurring.
The consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in any County parks and recreation facility located within a Community Redevelopment Area (CRA) and between sunset and sunrise in all other parks and recreation facilities, except where alcoholic consumption is expressly authorized by the terms of a county lease, outdoor festival license, or other similar county event or temporary use permit.
Community Redevelopment Area Parks:
- Bayshore Live Oak Park
- Edgewater Park
- Chester Roberts Park
- Live Oak Point
- McGuire Park
- Lake Betty Park
- Centennial Park
Pavilion Rental Information
- The minimum rental time for shelters is four hours as stated by the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners approved fee resolution.
- Reservations are for the picnic pavilion only and do not include reservation of exclusive use of other park areas or amenities. Rental of open space areas is available to accommodate additional needs such as a bounce house.
- You may not limit access to park patrons nor charge admission to the park.
- The sale of food to the public is prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited. (already stated above)
- No music can be played or performed before 9 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Noise levels must follow County Noise Ordinance 94-02.
- Parking fees (if applicable) are not included in the shelter rental.
- Pavilion and surrounding area must be left in the same condition upon arrival.
- Licensee must observe all posted park rules.
Written requests to cancel a reservation at Port Charlotte Beach Park and sports complexes outside of five (5) weeks may receive a full refund. Requests to cancel inside five (5) weeks and outside two (2) weeks will forfeit 25% of the full rental. Cancellation within two (2) weeks of the rental will forfeit 100% of the full rental. This is a policy approved by the Board of County Commissioners.
Written requests to cancel a reservation at all other County facilities outside of two (2) weeks may receive a full refund. Requests to cancel inside two (2) weeks and outside of one (1) week will forfeit 25% of full rental. The County shall retain the rental total for cancellations inside of one (1) week. This is a policy approved by the Board of County Commissioners.