The LGI Advisory Committee was established to discuss matters of concern to Little Gasparilla Island's residents.
This committee is currently inactive. Archived minutes can be obtained by calling 941.764.4920.
The Little Gasparilla Island (LGI) Advisory Committee meets every second Friday of the month at 1 p.m. at various locations as advertised.
- Nov. 26, 2002: Resolution 2002-179 to establish the Steering Committee
- Aug. 11, 2003: Amended Resolution to 2002-179 to extend time frame for Steering Committee's recommendations
- March 23, 2004: Steering Committee Report
- April 13, 2004: Resolution 2004-062 to establish the Advisory Committee
- Sept. 9, 2008: Resolution 2008-109 to amend Resolution 2004-062 to clarify vacancies of Owners' Association seats
Roles and Responsibilities
- The development of a community plan
- Emergency medical services
- Fire suppression services
- Right-of-way and access issues
- The development of the findings of the prior LGI Steering Committee
- Advise the Board of County Commissioners on these matters