MAC is a 21 member advisory board established by the Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners.
The Marine Advisory Committee (MAC) meets the second Thursday of every month in Room 119, 18500 Murdock Circle, Administration Center, Port Charlotte at 9:30 a.m. Pre-Agenda meetings are held the first Thursday of every month in Room B-106, 18500 Murdock Circle, Administration Center, Port Charlotte at 9:30 a.m.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To evaluate, consider and review marine-related matters in the County.
- To consider and analyze the development and maintenance of marine-related facilities and waterways.
- To solicit input from the public that may assist with the duties listed above.
- To provide recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on issues related to those duties specified above or other duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- To review and provide input on the Capital Improvement Budget for marine-related facilities.
Rules & Procedures
- Tom Ireland - Chairman, South Gulf Cove Yacht Club
- Susan Bareither - Vice-Chair, Member-at-Large
- Gerald Meckenberg - Secretary, USCGA Flotilla 87-Englewood
- Steven Scott - USCGA Flotilla 98-Charlotte Harbor
- Larry Piper - USCGA Flotilla 99-Cape Haze
- Vacant - Port Charlotte Yacht Club
- John Welsh - City of Punta Gorda
- Mike McIntosh - Punta Gorda Sailing Club
- Robert Hickey - Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance
- Bob Mayes - Punta Gorda Isles Fishing Club
- William Kumm - Punta Gorda Boat Club
- Michael Savino - Isles Yacht Club
- Dave Vigne - Pirate Harbor Yacht Club
- Ed Nowak - Burnt Store Isles Boat Club
- Rebecca Scholl - Harbor Heights Yacht Club
- Betty Campanella - Peace River Squadron Inc.
- Roger Strube - Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club
- Captain Ron Blago - Member-at-Large
- Garland Wilson - Member-at-Large
- Paul Bigness - Member-at-Large
- Henry Killion - Member-at-Large