Boatlift on property zoned commercial or multifamily.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit 1-page form (1 original signed).
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Survey (2 copies or sets)
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering: Specifications of Product
- Subcontractor Worksheet (1 original or copy): If contractor is hiring a subcontractor to perform any electric, mechanical, plumbing or roofing.
- External Agency Approval: Possibly DEP and USACE
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at www.floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or www.miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s).
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review: $95
- Right-Of-Way Review: $90
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Natural Resources: Verify that the proposed work will not impact a protected species (such as scrub jays, gopher tortoises, etc.). This includes coastal lighting impact on sea turtles.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
- Zoning Final (965)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.