Make the connection to destinations throughout Charlotte County. Enjoy the freedom of curbside transportation to and from your destination. Leave the worries and high costs of driving behind.
Charlotte County Transit is a shared ride curb-to-curb transit service provided to the general public throughout Charlotte County. Service area consists of all of Charlotte County and includes the Charlotte County portion of Englewood, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and the surrounding areas; including Lake Suzy area in Desoto County.
Where Can You Go?
- Doctor appointments
- Meal sites
- Recreation Centers
The mission of Charlotte County Transit Division (CCT) is to provide safe, high quality, convenient, efficient, and affordable transportation to the public in Charlotte County.
Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.- 6 p.m. *restricted to a limited service area
Charlotte County Transit service is not provided on Sundays or on County and nationally recognized holidays.
Make a Reservation
- Option #1: To make a reservation
- Option #2: To cancel any reservation
- Option #3: For early pickup (doctor appointments only)
Reservations are made on a first come, first serve basis. The reservation line is open: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m and closed: Saturdays and Sundays. It is recommended to schedule trips 72 to 96 hours in advance, due to limited seating. Please be ready for your trip 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after your scheduled time for the bus to arrive. When scheduling, please allow for one hour of ride time and one hour at your destination.
COVID-19 Reservation Questions
- Have you been around anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you traveled internationally, taken a cruise or came in contact with anyone who has?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath?
If you wish to leave a compliment, comment or complaint please call our Transit Watchline: 941.833.6296
Cancellations and No-Shows
Cancellations should be made as soon as possible, no later than one hour before the scheduled pickup time. A cancellation at the door or less than an hour before a scheduled pick up time is considered a no-show incident. Upon arrival of the bus, if the passenger does not board within three minutes, the driver will leave, the passenger will be marked a no-show, and will need to reschedule the trip. Reasonable Modifications can be requested.
After three recorded no-shows in six months or less, the passenger will receive a letter suspending service for thirty days. Continued no-shows and late cancellations after a suspension may result in permanent suspension of service.
Posted 7/23/2020: Due to COVID-19, all fares are currently free until further notice.
$2:00 Free: General Public
$1.00 Free: Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) passengers
Free: Child (under 12 yrs.) and traveling with an adult
Free: Passengers’ aides, attendants or caregivers.
All guest passenger fares are based on the fare of the customer and payment is the same rate as the customer.
Transit Bucks are available, in lieu of cash. Transit Bucks can be purchased upon request and are sold in books of 12, dollar for dollar, $12.00 per book. Please contact Charlotte County Transit for further details.
Please fill out the Transit Bucks Order form and mail check addressed to: Charlotte County Transit 545 Theresa Blvd., Port Charlotte, FL 33954
Transportation Disadvantaged Program
The Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) program is a curb-to-curb transportation service at a discounted rate. The service operates to connect passengers to medical centers, pharmacies, grocery stores and other similar destinations. Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan (TDSP) 2021-2026.
The Transportation Disadvantaged Program is for individuals who are physically or otherwise disabled, 60 years of age or older, or qualify as low income. To apply for the Transportation Disadvantaged service, print and complete the Transportation Disadvantaged Application or call 941.575.4000 and request one.
Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Application
Contact the Transportation Disadvantaged Ombudsman at 1.800.983.2435.
Charlotte County Transit is committed to making reasonable modifications to its policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure services are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Please see Reasonable Modifications Policy (English) or Reasonable Modifications Policy (Spanish) or Reasonable Modifications Policy (French Creole).
Request for Reasonable Modification may be submitted by email to Laura.Richards@charlottecountyfl.gov or written request can be mailed to 545 Theresa Blvd. Port Charlotte, Florida, 33954; or by telephone at 941.575.4000. All Reasonable Modification requests should be addressed to Charlotte County Transit to the attention of Laura Richards.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
Coordinated Partners (Free Transportation)
- The Veterans Council: Volunteers provide transportation to Bay Pines and Cape Coral three times a week (M W F). For more information call 941.833.6245
- The Homeless Coalition: Volunteers provide additional transportation for Charlotte county's homeless. For more information call 941.627.4313
- The Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies C.A.R.E: Volunteers provide transportation for C.A.R.E, call 941.639.5499.
Other Eligible Discounts
Elderly Services: Contact the Aging and Disabled Resource Center at 1.866.413.5337
- Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Charlotte County-Punta Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- 10-Year Transit Development Plan (2019)
- App & E-mail Information
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy (Spanish)
- Non-Discrimation Policy (French Creole)
- Passenger Rules and Regulations (English)
- Passenger Rules and Regulations (Spanish)
- Passenger Rules and Regulations (French Creole)
- Receive A Call Back (English)
- Receive A Call Back (Spanish)
- Receive A Call Back (French Creole)