Charlotte County Transit
Make the connection to destinations throughout Charlotte County. Enjoy the freedom of curbside transportation to and from your destination. Leave the worries and high costs of driving behind.
Charlotte County Transit is a shared ride curb-to-curb transit service provided to the public throughout Charlotte County. Service area consists of all of Charlotte County and includes the Charlotte County portion of Englewood, Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda and the surrounding areas; including Lake Suzy area in Desoto County. Transit will also provide trips to The North Port Family Health Center on 6950 Outreach Way in North Port.
Where Can You Go?
- North Port Family Health Center
- Doctor appointments
- Meal sites
The mission of Charlotte County Transit Division (CCT) is to provide safe, high quality, convenient, efficient, and affordable transportation to the public in Charlotte County.
Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. (restricted to a limited service area)
Charlotte County Transit service is not provided on Sundays or on County and nationally recognized holidays.
- Buses that are in service are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Drivers wipe down our vehicles at least 2 times during their shifts.
- Transit will provide hand sanitizer and wipes, upon request.
- Transit encourages our riders to use masks and gloves. Tranist will provide a mask for riders without one.
- We ask riders to make every effort to practice social distancing. This is posted on all buses.
- All drivers are required to wear a mask when transporting or assisting riders.
Make a Reservation
- Option #1: To make a reservation
- Option #2: To cancel any reservation
- Option #3: For early pickup
Reservation line open: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. The reservation line is closed on Saturdays. Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Next day reservations close at 1 p.m. for publishing. Due to limited seating, it is recommended that reservations be made 96 hours in advance.
COVID-19 Reservation Questions
- Have you been around anyone diagnosed with COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you traveled internationally, taken a cruise or came in contact with anyone who has?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: Cough, sore throat, fever, or shortness of breath?
If you wish to leave a compliment, comment or complaint please call our Transit Watchline: 941.833.6296
Due to COVID-19, all fares are currently free until further notice.
$2:00 Free: General Public
$1.00 Free: Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) passengers
Free: Child (under 12 yrs.) and traveling with an adult
Free: Passengers’ aides, attendants or caregivers.
All guest passenger fares are based on the fare of the customer and payment is the same rate as the customer.
Transit Bucks are available, in lieu of cash. Transit Bucks can be purchased upon request and are sold in books of 12, dollar for dollar, $12.00 per book. Please contact Charlotte County Transit for further details.
Please fill out the Transit Bucks Order form and mail check addressed to: Charlotte County Transit 25490 Airport Road Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Transportation Disadvantaged Program
The Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) program is a curb-to-curb transportation service at a discounted rate. The service operates to connect passengers to medical centers, pharmacies, grocery stores and other similar destinations.
The Transportation Disadvantaged Program is for individuals who are physically or otherwise disabled, 60 years of age or older, or qualify as low income. To apply for the Transportation Disadvantaged service, print and complete the Transportation Disadvantaged Application or call 941.575.4000 and request one.
Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Application
Contact the Transportation Disadvantaged Ombudsman at 1.800.983.2435.
Charlotte County Transit is committed to making reasonable modifications to its policies, practices and procedures to avoid discrimination and ensure services are accessible to individuals with disabilities. Please see Reasonable Modifications Policy (English) or Reasonable Modifications Policy (Spanish).
Request for Reasonable Modification may be submitted by email to email@example.com or written request can be mailed to 25490 Airport Road, Punta Gorda, Florida, 33950; or by telephone at 941.833.6241. All Reasonable Modification requests should be addressed to Charlotte County Transit to the attention of Andrea McDonough.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
Coordinated Partners (Free Transportation)
- The Cultural Center: Volunteers provide additional transportation. For more information call 941.625.4175, Ext. 254
- The Veterans Council: Volunteers provide transportation to Bay Pines and Cape Coral three times a week (M W F). For more information call 941.833.6245
- The Homeless Coalition: Volunteers provide additional transportation for Charlotte county's homeless. For more information call 941.627.4313
- The Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies C.A.R.E: Volunteers provide transportation for C.A.R.E, call 941.639.5499.
Other Eligible Discounts
Elderly Services: Contact the Aging and Disabled Resource Center at 1.866.413.5337
- Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Charlotte County-Punta Gorda Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- 10-Year Transit Development Plan
- App & E-mail Information
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy (Spanish)
- Passenger Rules and Regulations (English)
- Passenger Rules and Regulations (Spanish)
- Receive A Call Back (English)
- Receive A Call Back (Spanish)