The Charlotte County Emergency Management Office is working through response and recovery from Hurricane Ian and other storms, maintaining communication with local, state, and federal agencies.
View the Long Term Recovery Plan.
- East Port Environmental Campus
- Some Community Services facilities
Relief & Recovery Resources
Storm debris pickup has concluded - Charlotte County’s Hurricane Ian debris contractor, AshBritt, has finished its final pass of debris collection.
Freshwater and Primary Ditch Waterway Debris: the contractor is out cleaning up the debris.
Navigable Waterway Debris: the state has completed their work and Charlotte County is in the process of asking FEMA for additional funds to cover the balance of what was not collected by the state.
- For life-threatening emergencies, call or text 9-1-1.
- Sheriff non-emergencies can call 941.833.4161.
- Call the Charlotte County Emergency Operations Call Center for response and recovery information, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 941.743.1320 or 941.833.4000.
- Call Charlotte County Solid Waste for garbage and recycling information at 941.764.4360.
- Call Charlotte County Utilities for water and sewer information at 941.764.4300.
FEMA Individual Assistance Program for Hurricane Idalia
Deadline to apply was Nov. 29, 2023. Residents can check on their application in several ways:
- Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
- On the FEMA mobile app
- Call 800.621.3362 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST
Residents can still request long-term recovery assistance for Hurricane Ian through the Community Organizations Active in a Disaster website at COADFL.org.
SBA Disaster Loans
SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters. The deadline to apply for loans for physical damage has passed, however the deadline to apply for loans due to economic injury for Idalia is June 10, 2024 and for Ian is Feb. 28, 2024:
- Apply online at www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance
- Call the SBA Customer Service Center: 800.659.2955
- Email SBA Customer Service Center: email@example.com
Disaster Assistance Program for Low-Income Households
The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Disaster Assistance program provides assistance to low-income households following a disaster.
Housing Repairs and Recovery Assistance Portal: The Disaster Case Management Program works with Long Term Recovery Groups to collaborate with national, state and local government and disaster relief organizations to provide resources to disaster survivors: www.volunteerflorida.org/dcmp-providers.
Donations & Volunteering
Residents, groups and organizations, contractors or professionals willing to volunteer can register online at www.VolunteerFlorida.org/volunteerconnect. Contractors or Professionals may also email coadVRC@gmail.com.
Monetary donations for aid can be made online at COADFL.org - all donations help Charlotte County residents. Items are not being accepted for donation. You can also text DISASTER to 20222 or visit www.FloridaDisasterFund.org.
Text the word CHARCOCARES to 888-777 to receive text updates on recovery resources.