Construction of a decked area (raised or flat on the ground) in an area to be used by the general public (commercial or multifamily).
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1-page form) 1 original signed.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Engineered drawings or drawing showing use of prescriptive method.
- Subcontractor Worksheet (1 original or copy): Submit if contractor is hiring a subcontractor to perform any electric, mechanical, plumbing or roofing.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review Fee: $22
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Carpentry
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
- Framing (200): Made after all construction is dried in and after all applicable rough electrical, plumbing, mechanical and gas inspections have been made. There should be no insulation installed prior to the inspection.
- ROW Final (985)
- Zoning Final (965)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.