Demolition of all or part of a commercial or multifamily structure.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1-page form) 1 original signed.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Demolition of Structures for Zoning Compliance (1 original): This form is used to document the extent of demolition and responsibilities. Form is to be used ONLY for demolition of a building or structure and NOT for interior demolition. Please submit or upload with permit application.
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 copies or sets): Floor plan with areas to be demolished indicated.
- External Agency Approval (1 copy): Asbestos Survey may be required by the Florida DEP
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building: 3 stories or less
- Certified General
- Registered Building: 3 stories or less
- Registered General
- Local Demolition: No explosives
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- ROW Final (985)
- Zoning Final (965)
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.