Installation of an exterior door, door between two tenants, or a garage door at an existing commercial location or in the common areas of a multifamily location.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Window, Door and Hurricane Shutters Permit (1 original signed & 1 copy)
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Drawing showing location of installation
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s)
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building;
- Registered General
- Local Carpentry: Depending on type of door.
- Local Door Window and Garage Door
- Local Glass and Glazing: Depending on type of door.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.