Installation of a fence of any construction type at a commercial or multifamily location. A separate permit for a commercial fence is required, in addition to a new building permit for any new construction that requires fencing.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1-page form)1 original signed.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets): Site Plans showing egress routes from building if applicable
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Engineered drawings if fence is over 6 feet
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review: $30
Licenses That Can Obtain This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Fence
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
- Fire Marshall (if applicable): Ensure that the proposed structure or component will comply with the National Fire Prevention Code (NFPA).
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Zoning Final (965)
- Building Final (925)
- Fire Final (937)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.