The addition or changeout of any of the following: installation or removal of LP Tanks (above & below ground), LP Tank piping, installation or removal of other fuel tanks and piping, Suppression Systems, Commercial Kitchen Hoods, Fire Alarms, Fire Sprinklers, Spray Booths & Tents.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Fire or Gas Permit (1 original signed): 2-page form
- Checklist for Commercial Tent or Fire Permit Application: Checklist is for Tent Permit Applications only.
- Owner's Permission Letter (2 copies): For tent permit applications only. Written permission of the property owner for the tent installation.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. If part of a larger permit (i.e. commercial building, etc.), may be included on the NOC for the whole project. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets): Site plan for installation of LP tanks over 1000 gallons & tents.
- Product Specifications (2 copies): Specifications of any product. For Tents, Certificate of Flame Resistance.
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Drawings showing work being performed
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Fire Sprinkler System: Depends upon scope of permit/work.
- Certified Suppression System: Depends upon scope of permit/work.
- Certified Gas Line Specialty: Depends upon scope of permit/work.
- Certified Liquid Petro Gas: Depends upon scope of permit/work.
- Certified HARV Class A: Depends upon scope of permit/work.
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Utilities Department: Ensure that the applicable regulations are followed in relation to connecting to water or sewer service provided by Charlotte County Utilities Department (CCUD).
- Fire Marshall (if applicable): Ensure that the proposed structure or component will comply with the National Fire Prevention Code (NFPA).
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Inspections for this permit depend upon the scope of the permit.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.