Heating, air conditioning, refrigeration or ventilation work, whether new or replacement, at an existing commercial or multifamily location (certain maintenance can be performed without a permit but please check before starting work). HVAC replacements of no more than 15 tons IN AGGREGATE may be on the same permit and will not go through plan review. HVAC replacements of 15 tons or more will go through plan review.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Commercial HVAC Permit (1 original signed): 3-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $7,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Energy Calculations: AHRI
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified HARV Class A&
- Certified HARV Class B: If less than 25 tons cooling and 500,000 BTU heating
- Certified Mechanical
- Registered HARV Class A
- Registered HARV Class B: If less than 25 tons cooling and 500,000 BTU heating
- Registered Mechanical
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Mechanical Plans Examiner: Ensure that the proposed structure or component will comply with the mechanical provisions of the Florida Building Code.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- HVAC Final (945): Made after all connections and equipment are installed and complete.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.