Permit to mill, resurface, repave or re-stripe an existing parking lot and/or its associated driveways, aisles or lanes at a commercial or multifamily location that affects the size or striping of any parking stalls, or access aisles, or fire lanes. (Note: repairing alligator cracks or potholes in areas that are normally not striped usually does not require a permit - if in doubt, please ask).
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1-page form)1 original signed.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (3 copies or sets): Site plan to show parking stall sizes, both regular & handicapped, driveway sizes, & required landscaping.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review: $22
- Right-Of-Way Review: $90
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Asphalt Paving and Coating: Asphalt parking lots only
- Local Concrete Masonry: Concrete parking lots only
- Local Concrete Place and Finish: Concrete parking lots only
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building & ADA: Ensure that the proposed commercial structure will comply with the applicable accessibility requirements of the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA)..
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final
- Fire Final
- Zoning Final
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.