Installation of new, or replacement of existing, plumbing elements in an existing commercial or multifamily structure or location. (Note: certain maintenance items, and replacement of fixtures, like for like, may not require a permit. Please check before starting work).
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Trade Permit (1 original signed): 2-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Master Plumber
- Registered Master Plumber
- Plumbing Plans Examiner: Ensure that the proposed structure or component will comply with the plumbing provisions of the Florida Building Code.
- Permit Issuance: At this point, work may commence. The applicant will receive an approved copy of the permit package and a Permit-Inspections Job Card to be posted at the site printed with a list of the required inspections needed to complete the permit.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Plumbing Final (975): Made after all plumbing work has been completed and all fixtures installed.
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.