Replacement, repair or re-covering a roof on an existing commercial or multifamily building.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Roof Modification Permit (1 original signed): (1-page form) Please include roof system number & option number on the application form.
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s)
- Building Flat Fee: $90 if ICC Valuation is less than $50,000
- Surcharge: $4
- Building: 0.005 x ICC Valuation if more than or equal to $50,000 in valuation - less the Pre-Application Fee
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building: Must sub to a roofing contractor
- Certified Roofing
- Registered General: Must sub to a roofing contractor
- Registered Roofing
- Permit Issuance: At this point, work may commence. The applicant will receive an approved copy of the permit package and a Permit-Inspections Job Card to be posted at the site printed with a list of the required inspections needed to complete the permit.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Roof Final (955)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.