Installation of a seawall of any type at a commercial or multifamily location.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1 original signed & 1 copy): 1-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Survey (2 copies or sets)
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 copies or sets): Engineered Drawings
- External Agency Approval: Possibly Florida DEP and/or USACoE
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Address Assignment: $15
- Zoning Review: $95
- Right-Of-Way Review: $90
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Marine
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Marine Construction
- Right-of-Way: A review the proposed work for impacts to the county right-of-way (ROW) and/or easements and determine what, if any, inspections will be required.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Natural Resources: Verify that the proposed work will not impact a protected species (such as scrub jays, gopher tortoises, etc.). This includes coastal lighting impact on sea turtles.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
- ROW Final (985)
- Seawall Cap (210)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.