Construction of a new commercial building shell only. Buildouts are handled under a separate permit and cannot be applied for until the shell has been completed unless the buildout is being done by the same contractor.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application Package for Commercial Building Permit (1 original signed)
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Survey (2 copies or sets)
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering: Full drawings including mechanical, electrical and plumbing specifications
- Energy Calculations
- Subcontractor Worksheet (1 original or copy): Submit if contractor is hiring a subcontractor to perform any electric, mechanical, plumbing or roofing.
- External Agency Approval: Other requirements will be specified during the site plan review process
- Elevation Certificate - "Final" (2 originals): Prepared by a registered surveyor, is required if the property is within the Special Flood Hazard Area. The certificate must be submitted for approval prior to requesting any Final Inspections.
- Elevation Certificate - "Under Construction" (1 original): Prepared by a registered surveyor, is required if the property is within a Special Flood Hazard Area. The certificate must be submitted for approval prior to requesting the Lintel Inspection.
- Affidavit - No Public Utility Structures On-Site (1 original): 1-page form notarized
- Affidavit - Fire Hydrant Accessibilty/Location (1 original): 1-page form notarized
- Affidavit - Public Sewer, Private Septic & Water Service (1 original): 1-page form notarized
- CCUD or Health Department (1 copy): Either a Charlotte County Utilities Department (CCUD) application or approved septic permit from the Health Department.
- Landscaping and Trees: Landscaping plans (4) and Tree paperwork
- Additional paperwork: Site plan approval may be required prior to application for building permit. Additional stormwater permit may be required.
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s)
- Pre-App Fee: $200
- Address Assignment: $15
- Zoning Review: $65
- Tree: $80
- Tree: $80
- Right-Of-Way Review: $90
- Line & Grade: $310
- Building: 0.005 x ICC Valuation if more than or equal to $50,000 in valuation - less the Pre-Application Fee
- Surcharge: 0.025 x Building Fee; minimum of $4
- Garbage Fee: Payable for condo units
- Impact Fee: Based upon type of business and location
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.