Installation of shutters or other windborne debris protection, with or without electric, at a commercial location or multifamily building.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Window, Door and Hurricane Shutters Permit (1 original signed & 1 copy)
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering: Drawing showing location of installation
- Product Specifications: Product Approval Numbers for materials (e.g. windows, doors, roof covering, siding, soffits, etc.). Product approvals can be researched at floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx (FL#'s) or miamidade.gov/building/pc-search_app.asp (NOA #'s)
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Specialty Structure
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Aluminum
- Local Carpentry
- Local Door Window and Garage Door
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Windborne Debris Protection (918)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.