Installation of any concrete work.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1 original signed & 1 copy): 1-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering/Footing details (2 sets)
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Not more than $75,000 in cost. Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year).
- Building Flat Fee: $90
- Surcharge: $4
- Zoning Review: $22
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Local Concrete Place and Finish
- Local Concrete Masonry
- Right-of-Way: A review the proposed work for impacts to the county right-of-way (ROW) and/or easements and determine what, if any, inspections will be required.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- ROW Final (985)
- Slab (201): Required when a concrete slab/monolithic slab/footing is to be poured. The inspection should be made after all formwork, termite treatment, vapor barriers, reinforcing steel & applicable rough plumbing inspections have been completed but prior to pouring.
- Termite Certificate-Final
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.