Construction of a swimming pool or spa and associated equipment at a commercial or multifamily location. Also includes above-ground pools.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1 original signed): 1-page form
- Notice of Commencement (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Drawings/Plans/Engineering (2 sets or copies): Site specific drawings
- Subcontractor Worksheet (1 original or copy): Submit if contractor is hiring a subcontractor to perform any electric, mechanical, plumbing or roofing.
- Health Department (1 copy): Proof of Health Department submittal.
- Building Flat Fee: $200
- Surcharge: 0.025 x Building Fee; minimum of $4
- Zoning Review: $22
- Right-Of-Way Review: $90
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Not more than $75,000 in cost. Must not rent or sell the property within one (1) year of completion of the permit.
- Certified General: Must subcontract to a Swimming Pool Class A
- Certified Swimming Pool Class A
- Registered General: Must subcontract to a Swimming Pool Class A
- Registered Swimming Pool Class A
- Intake/Sufficiency:A review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Right-of-Way: A review the proposed work for impacts to the county right-of-way (ROW) and/or easements and determine what, if any, inspections will be required.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Building Plans Examiner: A review of the proposed work to ensure that the structure will be in compliance with the applicable structural requirements of the Florida Building Code. This also includes wind loads and flood loads.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Pool Deck (213)
- Pool Final (930)
- Pool Safety and Electric (929)
- Pool Steel (214)
- Electric Final (935): Made once power is connected to the building, all electrical work has been completed and all electrical trim is installed.
- Electric Rough (300): Made after the installation of all electrical boxes and rough wiring.
- Building Final (925): Made after all work is complete. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing, driveway and tree final inspections may be made prior to the building final inspection.
- Electric Underground (282)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.