Permit to hold a special event temporary use (e.g. carnival, fair, tent sale, etc.) on commercially zoned property. See Section 3-9-95.1 of the Zoning Code.
Required Forms & Documents
- Temporary Use Permit Application (1 original signed)
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets)
- Proof of Liability Insurance (1 copy)
- Contract for Restrooms & Trash Disposal (1 copy)
- Letter of Credit (1 copy): Type 2 & 3 Events Only
- Pre-App Fee: No Charge (Type 1 - Small)
- Pre-App Fee: $300 (Type 2 - Midsized)
- Pre-App Fee: $1,000 (Type 3 - Large)
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
- Fire Marshall (if applicable): Ensure that the proposed structure or component will comply with the National Fire Prevention Code (NFPA).
- EMS: Verification of Emergency Medical Services access & provision.
- Public Works Department: Undefined
- Sheriff: Undefined
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- Zoning Final (965)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.