Construction of a residential driveway. If the driveway is located only in the ROW, please apply for a ROW permit instead.
Required Forms & Documents
- Application for Construction Permit (1-page form) 1 original signed.
- Site Plan (2 copies or sets): May be hand drawn but must be legible, showing all easements and property line as well as drawn to scale
- Notice of Commencement (NOC) (1 copy recorded): Any improvement for which the direct contract price is greater than $2,500. Must be submitted prior to scheduling the first inspection.
- Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement (1 original, personally signed at the permit counter): Eligible Owner-Builders must complete this form in person at the time of application. Required by Florida law in order to be exempt from having to be a licensed contractor (sale or lease of the property is prohibited for 1 year from permit completion).
- Owner-Builder Permits Information: Please read this information about what & who may qualify for an Owner-Builder permit. An Owner-Builder Disclosure Statement form must be completed.
- Affidavit for Accessory Structures Not Requiring a Zoning Inspection (1 signed, notarized & recorded copy): Affidavit is mandatory and eliminates the need for a zoning inspection. Setbacks cannot be field located without a survey and site staking of the property lines.
- Zoning Review: $22
- Line & Grade: $310
Licenses That Can Pull This Permit Type
- Owner-Builder: Must not rent or sell the property for one (1) year from completion of the permit.
- Certified Building
- Certified General
- Certified Residential
- Local Concrete Masonry
- Local Concrete Place and Finish
- Registered Building
- Registered General
- Registered Residential
- Intake/Sufficiency: An "at the counter" intake/sufficiency review of the application & its required documents to verify completeness for acceptance and payment of initial fees.
- Right-of-Way: A review the proposed work for impacts to the county right-of-way (ROW) and/or easements and determine what, if any, inspections will be required.
- Zoning: A review the proposed work for compliance with the land development regulations. This includes zoning, setbacks and any other regulations pertaining to the location and type of structure.
Typical Inspections/Certifications/As Builts
- ROW Line and Grade (810)
- ROW Pipe (814)
- ROW Final (985)
Note: Fee payments by check should be made payable to either "CCBCC" or Charlotte County Board of County Commissioners. Payments are also accepted by Mastercard or Visa credit or debit cards.